Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September 4, 2013

Sorry, if you read this on Wednesday when it was first posted, you may want to re-read it! The section which explains what I learned about 'singing a new song' was deleted as I added photos yesterday!  The mistake has been corrected, which allowed the addition of two more photos!  BERT
---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---
View as we travelled to Highridge Baptist Church
last Sunday morning.
Sometimes knowing what to share and what not to share in our updates is difficult – my thoughts as I awoke this morning, thoughts which led to prayer. Then after breakfast, as I prayed again for guidance during my morning devotions, I remembered or I guess I should say, GOD REMINDED ME, that I have lots of readers of our updates who are praying for us!
Jack talking with two long-time pastor friends.
And once again God answered my and your prayers!  By the time I completed my devotions, I knew exactly what I should share with you today!  It all began when I came to Psalm 96, the ‘next’ chapter to be read in Psalms, the book I’m working through at the moment!  This is the guiding words for the Sub-Saharan African affinity, so I’ve often read, used and heard these verses taught.  Today God led me in a new direction after reading the NIV Study Bible note for the first half of verse 1, “Sing to the LORD a new song.”

Jack also made a new friend - who is
is already dressing like a pastor!
The note sent me to a note for Psalm 33:3, a reminder that singing a new song to my Father and shouting for joy is all about “Celebrating God’s saving act.”  That note sent me to the note for Psalm 7:17, which describes giving “thanks to the Lord for his righteousness” and singing “praise to the name of the LORD MOST HIGH,” as a “vow to praise.” The next sentences caught my attention:  “Many prayers… include such vows in anticipation of expected answer to prayer… praise must follow deliverance as surely as prayer springs from need.” 

Watching a group of kids this attentive in a worship
service definitely brings joy to missionaries!
The notes for Psalm 7:17 referred to the note for Psalm 9:1, “I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart.  I will tell of all your wonders.” The NIV Study Bible Psalm 9:1 note explains that the Hebrew for tell of is translated later as “declare” and that this kind of praising God is “rarely a private matter between the psalmist and the Lord.  It is usually a public celebration of God’s hoy virtues… his saving acts… (and) bestowal of blessings.” 

Bert also spotted lots of views which will
become SSAP Nudges to Action some day!
So what do I want to share with you today?  I want you to join us in “Praising God will all our hearts,” the title of a new slide show sharing photos to help you celebrate with us and give thanks for the times He sent gifts and blessings our way this last week. Times of gifts and blessings such as last Thursday when I questioned if I were doing my work via the internet in the best way.  You will have to view today’s Nudge to Action for Sub-Saharan African Peoples to read of the two hard-to-miss answers God sent my way!  

We visited Highridge Baptist to celebrate
the 45th wedding anniversary of
Rose and Pastor David Kiatu.
Times leading to celebration and thanksgiving last week included good meetings which will enable us to follow God’s call on our lives, views of God’s awesome creations, and sharing a special event with  Kenyan friends! Yes, I’m not sharing everything in this update, but I promise that you will want to take a few minutes to view the links sharing how God did answer your and our prayers this week, links sharing our joy!  BERT
---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---
Praising God with all our hearts! (Psalm 9:1) – A time of celebrating the gifts/ blessings God sent our way this past week is found at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152148797560130.1073741836.685050129&type=1&l=a85c8b8eb4.  Non-Facebook members can view this slideshow.
Links to Nudges to Action for Sub-Saharan African Peoples is found at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sub-Saharan-African-Peoples/100173880060607?ref=hl).
And for those who have worked in Kenya - the selection of
of sodas served during the break between the worship
service and anniversary celebration at Highridge -
warm Stoneys (ginger sodas) and Orange Fantas! 

No comments: