Thursday, May 14, 2015

Fretting and Trusting

The note I just sent to those on our newsletter via e-mail mailing list:


YES! I’ve been fretting and frustrated by a mistake I made yesterday! I could blame it on allergies, the rain, a computer that is about to self-destruct (if I don’t destroy it first), lots of things. I finally accepted that blunders happen and I needed to get over it and focus on the right things – which begins with trusting God and that He helped those who read to the end of yesterday’s “Rainbows and Other Complex Mixtures” update to not be confused! Those of you who read to ‘the end’ saw that I forgot to remove the note-to-myself added to remind me to tell you to view “a not-to-be-missed added mini-story” posted on our blog!

Sorry, I'm don't know the name of this bird,
but it is entertaining!
I discovered the forgotten added bit yesterday as I sent out the ninth and last e-mail to the usual groups of addresses. Last night and before turning on the computer this morning (a bit later than usual as the electricity went off the moment we got out of bed to start our day), I debated if I should send a correction/ apology!

When I did turn on my computer, I had received several encouraging notes from yesterday’s update and not one query about my mistake! One note from Shem Okello, a Kenyan co-worker, was especially exciting: “I love the Maasai story. Yes they play pool and even chess. They are smart guys. We are starting a Bible study in front of our house before they go to work in the evening. Only twenty minutes and when we have extra tea we avail it for them to enjoy before they begin guarding our estate.”

As I took these photos, I
could not decide if the bird was
preening, exercising or a little odd!
Another two notes sharing that friends were copying and sharing the photos and updates reminded me of things I have been meaning to remind you: PLEASE always feel free to share our updates, FB and blog posts with others. PLEASE do copy the photos/updates and use them freely to increase prayer support for and awareness of what God is doing in our part of the world. AND if you know of anyone who would like to be added to our mailing list, please send me their e-mail address.

I also must add one prayer item related to the rainbow shared in yesterday’s update. Parts of East Africa, including Nairobi, have received lots and lots of rain in recent days and the rains are expected to continue. There has been excessive flooding which is leading to deaths and many dangerous situations http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Nairobi-at-a-standstill/-/1056/2714738/-/130kqbv/-/index.html). Please pray for protection and wisdom for those traveling and for those living in the lower areas, which are often the poorest sections of the city such as the slum areas.

Our small cooler which is used often on iffy
electricity days.  The milk is the UHT kind that
does not need refrigeration and was opened
this morning for our coffee!
I feel better now after enlisting prayer for those affected by the rains and after admitting/ correcting yesterday’s mistake. And at this moment I’m thanking God for having a gas stove in our cottage and the fact that I didn’t make a mistake when the electricity returned briefly mid-morning, but remembered to open the fridge door and remove what I needed to prepare our lunch!

So now, I will not fret, but commit my way to the Lord, trusting that the gas doesn’t run out (yep, that is also about to go) and go to heat up left-overs for lunch before Jack returns from chapel with the KBTC students and staff! And we will not need candles to eat as we did at breakfast as the sun in now shining brightly, though there are dark clouds on the horizon! BERT YATES

No comments: