Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1,2012

Yes, I am posting/sending this week’s update very, very late.  As in the past, I will blame it on the internet, but this time the reason IS NOT because it is sooooo slow, but it has been incredibly fast today and I’ve tried to upload lots of things for you to see and hear!  I know that many of you with ‘faster’ internet will not appreciate my excitement, but I was able to upload a video of more than a few seconds and a group of 40 photos in less than two minutes! Trust me – this is really exciting in my part of the world!
Another reason for the delay – there is sooooo much to share this week!  As I began working this morning, Jack asked, "Can we continue handling so many great things happenings around us?"  Some of these good things are things currently happening in the lives of our kids, from a new house, new apartment to a new job!  The other part was our special weekend which I’ve tried to share with you in “What the Yates did last weekend”.  
I don’t mean to tease you, but there is no way in words alone that I can share with you the excitement of the weekend and the joy we felt as we experienced three very different events last Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  But I will give you this clue – all three events did have a unifying theme – MENTORING!  Friday’s event included taking a new young missionary couple on a tour of Baptist work in Nairobi and it included seeing how Kenyan Baptists are mentoring others.  Saturday’s event, a Concert, included hearing several young adults that we have watched ‘grow-up’ and Sunday’s event was a celebration of past and present mentoring of the Baptist Women of Nairobi! Remember you have to go to “What the Yates did last weekend” to view this photo diary!
I must get this sent before I’m too tired (especially my fingers and eyes) from today’s work to trust that what I share is sensible – but I don’t just encourage you, I beg you to go to the sites listed below where you can experience our weekend and share our joy!  
BERT YATES
---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---
Look at the right side of this blog page to view a new slideshow of kids from Kariobangi Youth Centre/Academy and a video of the music at last weekend’s Women’s Celebration.  A larger view of the music video made last Sunday at the Baptist Women’s Celebration can be found at: https://plus.google.com/photos/105343089902291545775/albums/5771584014397725041?authkey=CNfZpKvx1cX2tAE ).  Larger views of the slideshow of the kids can be found at: https://picasaweb.google.com/105343089902291545775/KBYCA120727?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPennMCb--vTugE&feat=directlink
Don't forget to check out the past week's additions to Prayer Nudges from East Africa at http://easternafrica2012prayernudges.blogspot.com/.  

No comments: