Sunday, September 18, 2011

September 18th Prayer Nudge from East Africa

Sometimes I am so focused on praying for the needs around me (this week's list included the Horn of Africa drought, the deadly ferry accident in Tanzania, and the horrific fire in a Nairobi slum), that I overlook taking/ making time to praise God! A volunteer reminded me of this as we corresponded about my using photos taken while she ministered among the Samburu People. My question: "How should I credit the photo?" Her answer: "I believe God should get the credit for the photo. He created it, I just held my camera up and clicked." Join me today in taking/making time to praise our Father and I promise you that two things will happen: 1/As we give Him the praise He deserves, we will find joy. 2/ When we focus on praising Him, we will likely become so excited and joyful that we will want to "proclaim his salvation ... declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples" (Psalm 96:2,3).
Daily PRAYER NUDGES FROM EAST AFRICA can be found at: http://easternafrica2011prayernudges.blogspot.com/

No comments: