Monday, March 23, 2009

A gift For You

One of my pet peeves is TV and newspapers advertisements that use pictures of little Kenyan girls playing with white dolls! Even my two blond/green eyed Kenyan born daughters usually preferred to play with black baby dolls when they were little playing mommy/baby – that was what they saw in real life. But, the picture on the right was one of the perfect sightings which appeared while I was photographing during Jack’s CPM training on Saturday in Kitale. The church was located on the edge of the road in a village that has grown to meet the town. As I was photographing bicycles in the church (I will explain more in this week’s update), I turned around and spotted this little munchkin looking at me! Like many of the kids that day, she stole my heart and her picture is now the screensaver on my computer! I think her picture will explain to you one of the reasons we are so thankful that God has called us to work in Kenya.

If you would like "my gift to you" for use as a screensaver, go to: http://picasaweb.google.com/omba4kenya/LittleKitaleGirlScreensaver?authkey=Gv1sRgCPih4oj4lrPQQg&feat=directlink OR hit COMMENT below. Include your e-mail address in your message and I will e-mail the picture to you. Your address will not appear on the published comments. Bert Yates

No comments: