Wednesday, December 30, 2009

SPECIAL FINAL Yates/Legacy Team Prayer Update for 2009

Like many of you, we are trying to relax a bit more this week and not go at our usual pace – and I fully intended to prepare a short and simple prayer update to share with you today. BUT as I looked for a few special pictures to share, the pictures led me on a time consuming detour. I am trusting that this was the answer to prayer for spiritual guidance as I worked, so a new Prayer Walk THROUGH DOORS AND WINDOWS is prepared with our invitation for you to “Take a Walk through DOORS AND WINDOWS in Kenya that will guide you in prayer as you praise God for what has happened in Kenya during 2009 and join us and Kenyan Baptists in praying for how people can come to know our Savior's love and salvation during 2010.”

The PICASA (Google’s) version of this Prayer Walk is completed, but as I tried to download the FACEBOOK version, my internet died! And just as I’ve learned that a total change in direction is a sign of the guidance of the Holy Spirit, a total failure of my internet usually happens when prayers are being answered and the Holy Spirit is at work WHICH does not please the devil. I truly believe the internet can be used as a special blessing from God to share and do His work, BUT the devil is also crafty at using it … SO I hope some of you are praying as I work this morning and by the time I complete this e-mail that the internet will work again! (Would you believe that I posted a comment saying I was downloading the week’s prayer update on FACEBOOK before the internet went down and later learned that within minutes three of you were praying!)

My original intention for this prayer update has not changed – to thank you for being our prayer warriors this past year. Without your prayers our work would only be busy work and not God’s Work. We are also thankful to Southern Baptists who give to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and the Cooperative Program which provides our financial support – our salary, our housing and car, and the monies to help pay for our internet so I can share prayer praises and needs and for Jack’s travel to the places where Baptists are at work in Kenya – as seen in pictures on the Prayer Walk! I can think of lots of way to say thank you, but I think the best way is the simple way – THANK YOU for allowing us to be at work in our Father’s Harvest Field! The lost of Africa ARE COMING to know and claim His love and salvation! Bert Yates

PS: Once again your prayers worked – after an hour, my internet returned at full strength – or at least my usual full strength which would drive most Americans crazy!
--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Prayer Walk Through DOORS AND WINDOWS sharing praises and needs from 2009 of the Yates/IMB/LEGACY WORK in Kenya can be found at Picasa, Google’s web picture program, or at FACEBOOK (even those not a Facebook Friend or Member came view the prayer walk):

PICASA: http://picasaweb.google.com/Bertndovu/DoorsAndWindowsYatesLegacyTeamPrayerUpdate091230?feat=directlink
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=181131&id=685050129&l=923a5dcf4f

No comments: