Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December 8, 2009

Have you ever simply not had time to do something, but you knew you had to do it! But with your prayers and encouragement (thanks to FACEBOOK and e-mails), I have accomplished what I HAD TO DO in the last two days – Prepare a new blog to share the incredible day we experienced this past Sunday as we joined in the celebration of the 20th anniversary of Ruaraka Baptist Church in Nairobi. As soon as we arrived last Sunday morning, I was thankful that I had my camera as I knew this was going to be an incredible Lottie Moon story! A story of what happens when obedient Christians use their gifts to carry out our Savior’s Great Commission! It is a story of discipleship, mentoring, depending upon God, evangelization, volunteers, church planting, spiritual multiplication, Legacy Work in Kenya, and so much more. It is the story of how two IMB female missionaries started a church as a part of their daily walks which began for exercise, but became a Pied Piper method of church planting! To find this incredible story, go to Great Things at Ruaraka Baptist Church at http://greatthingsrbc.blogspot.com/ .

Once again I am sending this early, but not simply because of my desire to share the above story with you quickly, but because Jack and I will be traveling tomorrow (Wednesday) on a survey trip to Kakamega in Western Kenya. This trip is for Jack to explore how to begin Church Planting training in the area and for me to learn if I can access internet adequately for me to travel with him – which is important as he plans to be gone for two to three weeks during each visit next year! Pray for safety for us as we make the trip close to the Uganda border tomorrow. Pray also that we will quickly meet the people that God has been moving towards church planting. Pray also for Jack as he shares his vision for church planting with the leaders of the local churches on Thursday morning.

I also was on the internet working on blogs for days last week – after discovering that most of my “Lottie Moon” blogs < Lottie Moon Stories from the Harvest Field of Kenya - http://lottiemoonkenya2008.blogspot.com > were scrambled! Hopefully, you can access these blogs now and more easily see the pictures – REMEMBER that you are always free to download/copy any pictures you see to use in your Bible studies/Mission presentations.

Thank you once again for being our prayer supporters – God is at work in Kenya and in all of Equatorial Africa and thanks to your prayer and financial support to the Cooperative Program and the Lottie Moon Offering we are able to be a part of that work! Bert Yates

No comments: