Sunday, December 7, 2008

Strengthening and Encouraging through Lottie's Support for Education

“Thank you for the nice school room. Thank you for all the nice things in my school room. I hope you're enjoying America and I would like to send you a lesson about why I like my school room. Lesson number 1: I like my video games. Lesson number 2: I like the big dipper story. The big dipper is my favorite book, because it's magical. Lesson number 3: I really like my new stories. And lesson number 4: I like my math, but I'm getting tired of it. So please send me something that will not make me tired. Love, Joseph”

This is a thank you note from five year old Joseph, whose parents work with the Samburu, one of our unreached people groups. Joseph’s note and much, much more appears at the newest blog to thank Southern Baptists who give to the Lottie Moon Offering – the offering which allows your IMB missionaries to be workers in our Father’s Harvest Field. This blog entitled Strengthening and Encouraging Through Lottie’s Support for Education is found at: http://lottiemoonkenyaeducation.blogspot.com/

Through “thank you notes”, testimonies, and lots of pictures, this blog has been prepared to share how your gifts to Lottie Moon and the Cooperative Program are used to support the education of IMB missionary kids. Thanks to your gifts, missionaries are able to provide great educations for their kids while obeying God’s call to share his love and salvation among the unreached of our world – one more example of how your investments that are still providing incredible returns even in these days of economic turmoil! The blog also shares information about Kenyan national schools, including a slideshow of Kenya students in their rainbow of uniforms as well as a slideshow sharing different views of Kenyan schools.

Please take time to view this blog – it is my gift to you to thank you for supporting me and my IMB colleagues around the world and for allowing us to support our families as we obediently serve our heavenly Father. Bert Yates

No comments: