Wednesday, November 26, 2008

November 26, 2008 - Thanks to Lottie

Today’s update will be short for two major reasons. First, a friend of many years is in town and I’m taking the day off for a special re-union day! Secondly, even if I did try to write an “impressive” update, I would likely fail as my fingers are exhausted, but for a good reason. The Spiritual Retreat that I asked you to pray for last week was a great success – a true time of retreat, revival and renewal for our mission families. As a part of one prayer time, I asked my co-workers to write a thank you note to Southern Baptist. Everyone at the retreat was so tired and so ready for a break from work, that I expected only a few short replies.

Instead it was as though I had unleashed a flood and I returned home with a thick stack of long replies, plus responses from some of our missionary kids. Since returning home on Sunday afternoon, I have lived at the computer. My goal was to have the new “Thanks to Lottie” blog ready to release by tomorrow morning, as a Thanksgiving message for you and the prayer supporters for all the work in Kenya. I know you and others were been praying for me, because for once I completed my work hours before my target time and as you know the new “thank you” blog, Thanks to Lottie, was released in a message I sent to you yesterday.

I do hope you take time to look at this blog and accept it as a thank you for all your prayers, financial support through the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and Cooperative Program and assistance with the work in Kenya – because we are thankful, so very thankful that through your support we are able to be among the workers in the harvest field of Kenya. To help those of you who are still learning the computer, Thanks to Lottie , is at http://thankstolottiekenya.blogspot.com/ .

We do depend on your prayers! We are depending upon them as Jack prepares for a mini-training with several of our new staff in support roles that keep them busy caring for our missionaries and others, yet they want to use their free time actively sharing God’s love and salvation. I am depending upon your prayers as I continue strengthening and encouraging our missionaries and Kenyan Baptists by assisting them in raising an army of prayer supporters. We cannot thank you adequately for the strengthening and encouragement we receive from the assurance of your prayers as we do our Father’s work, Bert Yates

No comments: