Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Glistening and Shining

With all the emphasis and energy expended today on the presidential elections in the States, I had debated if I should skip this week’s prayer letter as the focus of most people will be elsewhere. I knew my answer was ‘SKIP my planned focus’ when I learned of the final result not from the internet or television, but through the window beside my desk in our guest bedroom.

Not sure if this bird was cold, working off tension, doing her morning
excersises or what, but I got tired of watching her flap and unflap
her wings before she got tired of doing whatever she was doing!
Yep, through the window as the Kenyan man who works in our yard listened to the radio via his cell phone while removing overgrown plants beside the corner of our home. Trust me, this was not the way I ever expected to first hear a presidential election speech!

So instead of continuing with my plans for this week’s Yates/IMB/Kenya&SSAPeoples update, I want to share with you of a chiding I experienced yesterday while walking in our rain-soaked yard. As I marveled at the beauty of the agapanthus flowers sparkling along our drive way, a query arose in my mind which left me heart-broken. Do others see evidence of my Savior’s “spring of living water” (Jeremiah 2:13) bubbling over in my life? Do they see glistening and shining proof of His gift of living “water welling up to eternal life” (John 10:14) in my life?


Another query left my heart, soul and mind burdened as I watched the US news on our television early this morning (8 Kenyan time/ midnight EST) as elections results were still pouring in and being debated.  The query: How would it affect the total of peoples in our world with NO realistic access to the gospel (currently nearly 3 billion people/imb.org/LMCO) if Believers spent as much time focusing on consecrating “themselves to the LORD” (1 Chronicles 29:5) as they have and will focus on the elections?  How quickly would those unreached by the Gospel be reached if more Believers truly committed themselves to openly sharing of the One who offers not just a drink of living water, but “a spring of water welling up to eternal life” (John 4:15).  

Don’t worry, I do know how to deal with being heartbroken – PRAYER! Thus, you get a short prayer update this week as I need to take some extra time today in prayer. BERT

No comments: