Wednesday, February 3, 2016

What God Writes on My Heart

Yes, I've taken a needed break.  In mid-November we were asked by our mission administrators if we wanted to move nearer to KBTC. Our answer was a hearty YES as we were both more than weary of commuting between our weekend mission home in Nairobi (with a new major road only feet from our bedroom window) and our school-week cottage at the Kenya Baptist Theological College. 

Thus, our youngest child spent her holiday break with us packing rather than visiting the Indian Ocean or game parks (we did make a quick one day trip to the Nairobi Game Park) and we moved 3 weeks ago.  Things are still rather chaotic in our new home (I'm working at a cluttered dining room table at the moment) and there are two electricians making needed repairs as I type, but we are loving our new home.  

View of the city of Nairobi which borders the game park.
Another reason that I needed a break from updating our blog was that I knew it was time for a change in how I shared our stories with you.  To be honest, I'm still in the process of deciding the best way to share, but I've just shared the following as today's post on my FB page.
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 

This photo captured earlier keeps haunting me - sorry, can't think of a better way to word it. The little boy really struggled to carry the heavy load in the jugs, but he kept plodding along! Will you pray for me as I seek to share our weekly update in a new way that will allow me to more fully share the stories I 'see' with you. Although I share lots on FB, it is difficult for me to share my deepest thoughts, yet I want to you to see and understand the experiences we encounter as missionaries in Africa, the stories which God writes on my heart (Jeremiah 31:33) which become a part of my testimony (1 John 5:10 GNT) of what He is doing and allowing us to view and join Him in doing.
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

One of many views of God's special reminder earlier
of His love and care shared on Bits of Our Hearts.
Thus, in the transition time you can keep up with my daily posts sharing mini-stories and our prayer requests/ joys on my personal Facebook page and if you are on FB and we are not friends PLEASE SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST! I know many of you are not Facebook users, but you can still view what I've already shared and will share by clicking the BITS OF OUR HEARTS tab at the top of this page.  Don't worry, this is a safe site.  

Jack is at KBTC as I write as this is a busy week as a new class began yesterday.  Will you pray for fast and safe arrival of all these new students as well as those from other classes meeting this month? Pray also for those who will be teaching which includes a new IMB worker and two retired IMB workers who have joined the KBTC team!  We are also praising God that the students are now living in the new greatly improved dorm areas of Baraka Hall!

A few of the flowers in our new garden!
The electricians are now working feet away in the kitchen and concentrating is getting more and more difficult! Thanks for your patience as we continue settling and planning how to best continue sharing our journey with you - OUR JOURNEY which you enable us to make thanks to your prayers, giving and sending workers our way!
BERT YATES

No comments: