Thursday, December 3, 2015

Beautiful Feet

Yes, I’m late, really, really late on sharing this week’s prayer letter. I’ll let FB posts I've shared yesterday and today do the explaining!

Posted yesterday morning on FB: Earlier this morning I was excited, yet stressed about preparing special posts to share today during this Lottie Moon/ Week of Prayer for International Missions season. THEN God sent this view and tweets (the bird kind) which calmed me. THEN during my morning devotions (I have to be awake awhile for God to get through my thick head), He led me in a totally different plan for this week's update! THEN the electricity went out, also complicating work. So, I began editing this photo to get your attention and ask for your prayer support. THEN the electricity returned before I could post this! BUT I definitely still need prayers for staying focused and sensing God's guidance today!

This morning's post:  Thanks for your prayers yesterday! I did stay focused and God's guidance was definitely felt. Electricity bounced often, yet always returned! BUT last night I felt like this bird and wanted to hide! I should have also asked for strong internet and for all my programs to work properly! As the sun set yesterday, I finally gave up on posting our weekly update via e-mail as the internet was weak and the created movie had scratchy music! SO pray today for strong internet and that an alternative way of creating a better quality movie will work!

Not included in the movie, but finally a photo of me
arranging the retirement cake before taking photos!
Posted after noon today: READY TO DOWNLOAD on your computer - an improved, with great music copy of the “BEAUTIFUL FEET – IMB EAST AFRICA” video shared yesterday of the joy and sorrow of a family celebrating the retirement of family members who are leaving the family home to return to another continent? This is what was faced as this video was prepared sharing the special day (Nov 29, 2015) when missionaries and kids of the East Africa Cluster/ Sub-Saharan African Peoples Affinity met together to recognize those accepting the IMB’s Voluntary Retirement Incentive. Due to security issues, faces could not be shown, thus the BEAUTIFUL FEET (Romans 10:13-15) are shown of workers and kids of all ages, some who have lived in East Africa for only weeks and others for more than 40 years.

To download this, visit https://vimeo.com/147699856.

I could share lots more this week, but I'm ready to give my computer, my fingers and my mind a break.  Remember to CLICK the tabs at the top of this page to view more about what God is doing among the Sub-Saharan African Peoples, at KBTC and bits of our hearts

Yes, I did take a photo of my feet - at this was after I
had rinsed them off!  It was a very, very rainy day!
AND THANK YOU for praying for us, for giving to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and other global missions offerings, and for coming/ sending more workers our way! BERT YATES

No comments: