Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February 22, 2102


Another week of completing our update late in the day – Kenya is 8 hours ahead of Eastern Standard time in the US, which means it is 3:30 in the afternoon as I write, and 7:30 in the morning for our kids in North Carolina!  Today the internet is working properly and the electricity is not fluctuating (though it was off for 8 hours yesterday, as it was last Friday), but my problem is getting over a cold – not a winter one as many of you are nursing at the moment, but a summer one as we are in the midst of our summertime!  At the moment, I’m not sure the fogginess of my mind is caused by the cold or the medicine I’m taking, but as I knew my mind was working rather slowly, I decided to share this week’s update in photos rather than words only! 

My prayer is that these photos will help you understand how our lives are much like yours, but also different.  Our joys, sorrows and questions are also similar, but unique.  So to visit with us a bit and sample our lives, please take time to view “Joys, Sorrows and Questions.”  These photos are just a few of the views I captured last week (Feb 16-21, 2012) as we travelled around Nairobi working, shopping, going to church, etc. – views which left me with lots of thoughts and reactions, as well as a new understanding of Psalms 66 and 67!   Many of the photos are not that ‘great’ thanks to roads with all sorts of bumps, holes and traveling buddies and the sun being especially bright and glaring this time of year, which doesn’t always go that well with my ‘point and shoot’ style of photography, but my prayer is that these snippets of our week will strengthen your ability to understand our lives, as well as your ability to pray for us. 

So, although I know you are amazed, this week’s update is short for a change!  But I will add one more comment:  THANK YOU for all the ways you support us, which allows us to be where we are and do what we know God has called us to do!  Pray also that I haven’t shared my virus with Jack as we prepare for a trip to central Kenya next week, followed by a teaching session in early March in a Bible School in western Kenya.   BERT
---   ---   ---   ---    ---   ---   ---
First two photos above are from Joys, Sorrows, and Questions - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150796511515130.511209.685050129&type=1&l=bd43ac7eca

Lower photo is from 2012 Prayer Nudges from East Africa  – http://easternafrica2012prayernudges.blogspot.com/ or find the Prayer Nudges and other updates from East Africa on Facebook – Bert Yates (https://www.facebook.com/bert.yates) or become a Facebook Friend of Imb EastAfrica  ( https://www.facebook.com/Imb.East.Africa )


No comments: