Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 22, 2010 - Sharing Our Gift


At this time of gift giving, we want to share a “gift” Jack received in early December – a  gift not bound in colorful paper and ribbons, but found in exam papers! Jack’s thanksgiving overflowed as he graded the final exams of the “Baptist Faith and Beliefs which leads to Discipleship and Church Planting” class he taught in October and November at Wamunyu Bible School (north of Machakos).  At their December session (students meet one week each month for three years), the 25 students shared reports of their last assignment:  Pray for 5 lost persons; Pray for 5 disciples; Teach CPM (Church Planting Methods)to their church or group; and Start a small discipleship group.   The following totals and comments (only a few of many!) from their oral presentations and written exams, will help you understand the excitement we feel when those we disciple/ teach/ train/ mentor catch the excitement of carrying out the Great Commission. 


TOTALS – Prayed for 148 lost people; 93 people saved after prayers; 40 new people attended church; 151 people discipled; 31 new small groups begun; and 8 new churches planned or begun!


COMMENTS 
– One on my prayer list was a criminal.  He called and said I could remove his name, he is no longer lost!
– Not only did those I prayed for come to church, amazingly many others came with them!
– Prayed for my choir and started discipling them;  Those I prayed for lost their fear.
– I prayed for the lost 5.  They came to me and I made them disciples.  One then came with 2 others and the other 4 brought 3 others!
– Four people I prayed for accepted Jesus; one was my brother.  They are now my disciples and new members in my church.
– I prayed for 5 lost; immediately one called to save he was saved! 
– Started discipleship; had to extend it to another place where I will meet next week with 15 people to start a new church.
– God gave me names of 5 people far away.  I prayed for them and called them via cell phone.  One, my brother, had left his family, but is now reconciled!
– I taught a small group of children how to witness – they brought friends with them for our next class!
– I informed church of what I learned; in last 3 weeks we had 10 converts and 7 in church! Some from far away; have a vision of starting a new church for them.
– After meeting and praying, 7 persons have accepted Christ; one a former witchdoctor.  Received a bad cell phone message; I know the devil is not happy!
– Two I prayed for accepted Jesus; the other 3 are on the way!  I got 15 new Believers to teach and disciple; some have been baptized and are in Bible study.
– I prayed for the power to do the job well.  I taught CPM.  I found five disciples.  The whole church is interested.  Some backsliders are returning.  
– I prayed for the lost.  A youth I prayed for came to church on Sunday.  Preached CPM and challenged all to make disciples.  Eyes were opened; small groups started; people are coming to Christ through our fellowship.
– Started small groups as prayer groups; practiced storying and disciples were formed; fellowships formed; going door to door; revival has resulted! One location asked for a crusade which we had for 5 days!
– I prayed first that evil spirit would be bound up.  My son started behaving; my brother-in-law came to Christ.  Went 20 kilometers away where I met a man selling meat; he received Jesus and wants to be baptized.  Some women heard this and wanted to talk with me; pressured me to open a new church.
– Went to the top of a mountain; two groups begun; doing door to door sharing. Complaints that the church was too far; we plan to start a new church.  
– Started in my home, my son accepted Christ.  Found some people in my village; 2 accepted Christ.


As you read these totals and reports, I hope that you realize that you are a part of the harvest happening around us!  These reports are just a few results of your  investment of prayer and finances, as well as your investment as volunteers!  THANK YOU for allowing us be in East Africa watching our Father at work as we join you and others in sharing our Father’s love and salvation with all People Groups in our world!  


Krismasi Njema, Jack and Bert 
--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Don’t forget to check the new photos added daily to  Lottie Moon 2010/Are We There Yet Daily Prayer Nudge Photo Album from Kenya: 
https://lottiemoon2010kenya.wordpress.com/  or http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=333830&id=685050129&l=146c063c0c   
AND the special “JE! TUMEFIKA? Lottie Moon 2010” at:  http://lottiemoon2010-kenya.blogspot.com/





No comments: