Friday, January 22, 2010

"Colours of Kenya" or "Views I wish my American Friends Could See" or "Views to Make You Homesick"

It seems that I’m always sending you “heavy information” that is based on meeting our and/or Kenya’s needs, so today I want to offer you something simply for your enjoyment. I have downloaded 30 “colourful” pictures from Kenya on FACEBOOK for you – Don’t worry if you’re not a FACEBOOK member – you can still click and view these pictures. So…enjoy the following gift from Kenya:

“Colours of Kenya” or “Views I wish my American friends could see” – Pictures from a trip this past Wednesday to Nyeri, Kenya to meet North Carolina volunteers working at the Nyeri Baptist High School. Along the way, I took pictures of things I wish I could share with those who have never been to Kenya and as a special reminder of life in Kenya for friends who love this place! Prepared simply for enjoyment, but if a picture leads to prayer, you have my full permission/encouragement to do so!

Found at: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=189490&id=685050129&l=d22de1068f

You can stop reading now or you can continue and receive a bit of the usual “heavy information” of prayer items from us:

We are leaving for western Kenya early tomorrow morning where Jack will be leading Church Planting Training in several areas and we will be checking out new areas for further work before returning home on January 30th. This is a trial trip to see if the new internet set-up I purchased this week will allow me to work outside Nairobi and travel on other trips with Jack.

So… Pray for safety as we travel long distances this week, good communication skills for Jack as he shares his passion for Church Planting, discernment as we seek God’s will for future work in western Kenya by volunteers and others, wisdom as I choose the best stories/pictures to help you understand how you can be a part of God’s work in Kenya, and a selfish prayer – that my new internet set-up will work so that I can be a part of Jack’s trips and able to share with you what is happening! Bert Yates

No comments: