Saturday, February 6, 2016

Unfocused and Unknown

I spotted this view of our porch while washing breakfast dishes and almost didn't take the photo as the only way to do it without scaring away the birds was though a screen door. As I edited the photo, I overheard Jack talking to a Kenyan friend who wanted to know about snow, how to compare it to something he understand and and how it feels.


As Jack tried to explain, I realized that my unfocused bird photo and Jack's possibly unsuccessful explanation is similar to the confusion faced by many when they first hear of our Good News. They may have never experienced the peace, joy and love we have as God's children or there may be filters in the way that cloud what they are hearing for the first time.
(For more BITS OF OUR HEARTS, visit https://www.facebook.com/bitsofourhearts.)

No comments: