Thursday, February 11, 2016

Tossed Back and Forth

During devotions yesterday morning, I heard a clatter and looked up to see a monkey jumping from one tree to another and then another as a limb in the second tree hit the ground!  For the next two hours (off and on, I did get some work done between spottings), I enjoyed watching this critter and two friends romp about our yard!

Later in the day, I caught a view of birds also jumping around, but not purposely, or least I don’t think they were! In just a few moments several small sunbirds landed on flower stems which resulted in bouncy rides as the weak stems “tossed back and forth” (Ephesians 4:14).  Then I realized – the birds never showed any signs of fear, but simply held on until things calmed down, just as the monkeys did when they jumped among the trees!  

I don’t know how our Father finds times to send us ‘teaching moments’, but I knew I was in the midst of one! He reminded me that He wants me filled with hope, joy and peace, not just a bit, but in overflowing quantities (Romans 15:13). I also remembered Romans 8:24-15 and another needed reminder – the need for trusting Him as I serve Him and being patient during the times when hope, joy and peace seem to be hard to claim!
 (For more BITS OF OUR HEARTS, visit  https://www.facebook.com/bitsofourhearts.)

No comments: