Sunday, February 7, 2016

IF God Is Really...

Spotting this beauty during devotions this morning, Psalm 27:4 became alive and active. I felt God’s presence and knew I was gazing “on the beauty of the LORD.” Then I remembered a note I received last year in response to a photo sharing my thanksgiving for answered prayer. I was asked, “If God is really the God of all, why…” followed by a list of hurts and evils faced by innocent children, sometimes instigated by those in the church. The writer added, “It is easy to praise him if it is not you [hurting]. What about those he doesn’t help?” I was asked how I could honor a God of inaction. I responded and asked others to join me in praying for commenter, but the comments still haunt me. Will you pray today for those in our world who are hurting and cannot sense our Father’s presence? Will you join me in praying that God’s children will be more sensitive to those around us in need a touch of His joy, peace and love and pray that we will truly be His hearts, hands and voice?

No comments: