Sunday, April 26, 2015

Not in Africa, but...

Nepal is located in South Asia, not in Sub-Saharan Africa, BUT believers in African churches will be praying today for those affected by yesterday’s earthquake in Nepal where “99 percent of… 28.8 million people are Hindu. Of the country’s 263 people groups, 252 are unreached.” Will you join African believers in praying and responding in “actions and in truth” as our Saviour commanded? (Matthew 25:40; 1 John 3:18,23)

When major events happen in our world in need of relief and you want to respond, make https://gobgr.org/news your first visit for trustworthy assistance. To respond to the current need in Nepal, visit http://bit.ly/1DKAq2j.
---  ---   ---   ---   ---
The above was shared as today's Nudge to Action for Sub-Saharan African Peoples.  (tab at top of this page).  The following was shared as today's Bits of Our Hearts post after we returned from church. (You can easily view both these sites by CLICKing the tabs above posts on this page.)
---   ---   ---   ---   ---
I planned to take my phone with a camera to church today to get a photo of something I knew would happen, what I had said would happen in today's Nudge to Action SSAPeoples, AND it did happen, BUT I left my phone home, so I could not share it with you instantaneously as today’s Bits of Our Hearts post. Thus I had to wait until we returned home to share this photo taken with my camera. The unexpected part was that as our church, Eastgate/ Parklands Baptist Church, joined other African churches in praying for yesterday’s earthquake in Nepal, there was a thanksgiving that the son of one of our deacons and his wife, good friends who were sitting in front of me as I took the photo, is in the area of Nepal, but not affected by the earthquake. Our world is big, but sometimes it is very small!

No comments: