Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Hearts Swelling with Joy

Lift up your eyes and look about you… your heart
will throb and swell with joy.” Isaiah 60:4,5
Flags of our world at the 40th Anniversary of Parklands Baptist Church
JACK’S Report from KBTC: Several classes are now on campus for a new round of studies. I am teaching what could go by many names, but I will call it ‘Introduction to Theological Ministries.' I have invited 10 speakers/KBTC teachers to share their ministry passion as introduction sessions. It is a fantastic group of students from all over Kenya, almost half new to the college. Pray for open hearts, minds and souls as they study and learn.

The flag for South Sudan is very special
to us!  Jack has taught students from
South Sudan for many years and I
have had the joy of raising prayer
support for their unreached peoples.
We are also excited to have Dr. John Boozer, recently retired from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, with us for the next six weeks in our School of Worship Leadership. Another special group of volunteers are using KBTC’s facilities this week for their orientation. This group of six young women will be serving all over Sub-Saharan Africa for a few months in the IMB’s Hand-On program. Will you pray for John and these young women as they serve our Father among our peoples in Africa? Pray for good health and God’s guidance as they serve.

Jack sharing just a few of his memories of the early days of
Parklands Baptist Church with others who were members in the 1970's
JACK’S Special Joy from Sunday’s 40th Anniversary of Parklands Baptist Church: During the reunion of the Old Parkie group of the 70’s and before, I realized that I was not that much older, only 5-10 years than many. I realized that like this group, the missionaries serving when we arrived in Kenya had also mentored me. Most of my experiences and means of dealing with things were shaped in our first 2 ½ years in Kenya. That realization brought me great joy!

BERT’S Week in Review: To be honest, it has been a super busy week and I’m almost too tired to think! Thus, my review can be best shared by asking that you CLICK the Bits of Our Hearts tab above and view the Nudges to Prayer posts for the KARAMOJONG StoryTogether Worskhop which will conclude today in northern Uganda, as well as my daily Devotional/ On Mission posts. In the latter posts, you will find more, lots more about my special joys as Jack and I celebrated with our Parklands Baptist Church family. And one post is one that those of you who were once GA’s or RA’s will definitely want to read!

At the special get-together for early PBC
members this lady shared how her son
was one of the kids who 'hung-out' at the
baby church.  A missionary visited in her
home and asked that she visit the church.
PBC quickly became her church family also!
My prayer request this week is for lots of physical and mental energy as I have many ongoing projects in need of completion. I love using social media to share what God is doing in our part of the world and my heart’s desire is not simply to complete work, but to share stories and updates with you – stories and updates which I know will leave you excited, praising our God and desiring to join in praying for needs.

At first I did not recognize many who
arrived at the special get-together for
early PBC members, but their smiles
and sparkling eyes led to remembering
kids with the same smiles and eyes!
I am tired, but I’m also very happy and I still have enough energy to thank you for all the ways you support us! I truly believe that when you hear how God is blessing your prayers, giving and serving, it will leave you truly desiring to pray more, give more via the Cooperative Program and missions’ offerings such as the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering, and find more ways to join in as His co-workers!

No comments: