Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Contagious and Effective

The view out the window which
interrupted my work this afternoon.
As I prepared last week’s update, I commented to Jack that I might be coming down with a cold, but then I got too busy to think about it. By the next evening Jack and I both were sick with a very kali (no good English substitute for this Swahili word meaning intensely sharp, vehement, fierce) cold! Thankfully, now a week later, we are both definitely on the mend, but not yet at 100%. Thus this week you get an abbreviated update beginning with…

The African Harrier-Hawk then flew to a nearby tree...
JACK'S PRAYER ITEMS:
PRAY that KBTC is prepared in every way for the Theology Degree program to begin September 12th!
PRAY that our current students on campus finish this term well and healthy as many bugs (the unseen kind) are flying around.
We are very THANKFUL for Dr. John Boozer who has blessed us with his wit and expertise.
PRAY that I can get over this cold. I hate colds!
I'm THANKFUL for 45 years of blessing being married to Bert!

... and posed for the camera.
BERT’S ADDED THOUGHTS:
My praise is that we did not begin feeling lousy until after we returned from a trip to a great seafood restaurant in Nairobi to celebrate Jack’s birthday last Thursday. We also had great plans for our 45th wedding anniversary last Sunday, but spent the day passing the Kleenex box and making sure the other drank enough liquids. We did look for the positive by reminding each another that being together all day was as a super gift!

It does make me a bit uncomfortable when a
bird this big begins staring at me!
I will be attending a training for prayer advocates this next week.  Will you pray for strengthening and encouragement for all at this special time. The meeting goes through next Wednesday, thus no update next week. For more of my personal prayer items, CLICK the BITS OF OUR HEART tab at the top of this page.

Then it grew tired of posing for me
and flew to a neighbor's yard.
CLOSING WORDS:
On one of the days when I really felt horrid, I had to laugh when I found myself sharing the following with a friend via the germ-free internet: “I wish the desire to share the gospel with the unreached was as contagious and effective as the cold bug we ‘caught’!” Jack is right – my mind is now ‘wired’ for preparing nudges to prayer, but our greatest prayer request is for the arrival of the day when the Eternal Gospel is proclaimed "to every nation, tribe, language and people" (Revelation 14:6).

And we are so thankful for your part in allowing us to be at work in Africa, sharing our Father’s Good News. Thanks to your prayers, financial gifts to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and the Cooperative Program*, and your coming and sending workers, you are making an eternal difference in the lives of people lacking a knowledge of our Father’s love and salvation – an eternal difference that too many peoples are still awaiting. BERT YATES
*http://www.imb.org/main/lottie-moon/details.asp?StoryID=13782#.V72f65h942w

No comments: