Friday, February 19, 2016

Entrusted with God's Words

"Entrusted with the very words of God." I was trying to read through Romans 3 yesterday and I did not get past the end of verse two. One reason these words so touched my heart is that I am in the midst of helping a friend raise prayer support for a 3 week StoryTogether training with the Karamojong, an Unreached People in Uganda. The Bible is available in their language, but few can read and those who can read do not always understand what they are reading or have anyone around to help them. During the project, Believers among this people will be trained to share God's Word in stories, drama and music so that the Karamojong can understand and accept our Father's love and salvation.

I had been praying for this project as I worked, but after reading Romans 3:2 I found myself thanking God in a new way for those involved in this training and their accepting the responsibility of being entrusted with His Words. I also found myself challenged to thank God anew for His Words and to recommit to my responsibility to value and share His Words.

No comments: