Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Because of Who He is

Rain, rain and more rain in recent days!
I've pondered and pondered how to share my answer to WHY WE (I) GO, the question IMB workers are answering at the end of 2015.  I've thought of many answers which are good, even great, and I plan on sharing more answers later, but today I'm going to share two short visual answers!

My first answer this week to WHY I GO is BECAUSE of the joy we experience when we join in His work.  I can write lots to explain this, but I think the best way is by sharing this Praising God at Baraka Hall slideshow!  I know some of you may think that Jack and I must get excited about things very easily, and maybe we do, but what is happening at KBTC is beyond words AND you know I like to use words, lots and lots of words!  But as we've made the journey during the last three years of the ongoing revival, restoration, resurrection and rescue of KBTC, we learned over and over that obeying God may lead to lots of spiritual warfare heading your way, but it also leads to a joy and happiness that makes it all more than worth the journey!


My second answer this week to WHY I GO is Because of Who He Is! I go because God has given me the gift of being His child.  I go because He has commanded me to share His story and His love and His gifts with others.  I go because "God IS worthy of the worship of all."  Take time to view Because of Who He Is and also take time to view more of what is shared as resources for the 2015 Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. If your church doesn't give through this offering, HAKUNA MATATA (no worries), there is lots at this site you can still enjoy and use as you carry out Great Commission!


Yes, we do have lots of prayer items this week to share with you.  Jack needs prayers for strength and wisdom as he leads the Kenya Baptist Theological College.  Pray for the team that is working towards KBTC being accreditation so that the school can offer degrees.  Pray for open hearts, minds and souls for the students who are currently on the campus and for the same for those teaching the classes this month.

View this morning which lifted my spirits as I prepared
breakfast without electricity - which happens often
during heavy rains.  For more photos of the week,
visit https://www.facebook.com/bitsofourhearts
Pray for me as I seek to share what God is up to among Sub-Saharan African Peoples, which leads me to one last reason explaining how I answer WHY I GO! I am here because I want to share these stories with you, the people who have invested in our lives through prayers, finances and serving.  I do this because I know without a doubt that when you know how God has blessed your past investments, you will be astounded and want to invest more in prayers, finances and serving as you join us in joining Him in His work!  BERT YATES
--- --- --- --- --- 
Remember to view the daily Nudges to Action for Sub-Saharan African Peoples (CLICK tab at top of page), a part of Bert's work as the Prayer Networker for Sub-Saharan African Peoples at  https://www.facebook.com/SubSaharanAfricanPeoples. This site and those below can be safely viewed by anyone!

For more about Jack's work at the Kenya Baptist Theological College, CLICK the KBTC tab above to visit -https://www.facebook.com/KenyaBaptistTheologicalCollege.

CLICK the Bits of Our Hearts tab for more view of our daily lives at https://www.facebook.com/bitsofourhearts.

No comments: