Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March 25, 2015

“I will wait for the LORD… I will put my trust in him.”
Isaiah 8:17 NIV

Photo taken JUST before the siafu encounter!
I am a smart woman, but far too often, I have to relearn lessons! While taking photos yesterday afternoon, I forgot to check for siafu while walking beside our KBTC cottage AND NO, I didn’t get any photos of these marching safari ants as I ran into our KBTC cottage, yelling for Jack to open the door.

This photo taken this morning for a friend
leads to only good memories!
They say that safari ants climb quietly up your leg until enough inhabit your body to do real damage and then a signal is given for the pinching to begin. I was very proud of the fact that I made it into the cottage and closed the door before removing or rather flinging any clothing, other than my shoes. Turns out there were dozens in my shoes and dozens more in my slacks, which have now been fumigated!

God sent a great way to help me forget about the sensation of crawling
and pinching - four Black-and-White Mannikin appeared later on the
tree beside the clothes line where I encountered the ants. Our bird
book says that these like to rest during the day in small clusters!
Another lesson that I have to keep re-learning – that I MUST wait for the LORD and trust in Him! I do know this! I shared in last week’s update that “As we talked of what God had done during the last two years as KBTC began the restoration process, we remembered that we had to focus on trusting Him and seeing what He wanted us to see and do!” I even quoted Psalm 9:9-11, “The LORD is a refuge… Those who know your name will trust in you… Sing praises… proclaim among the nations what he has done.”

We ate a bit late that morning as this scene appeared
out the kitchen window as I prepared breakfast!
BUT as I awoke one morning this week, it hit me: I was still worrying about things, such as KBTC’s financial worries as the college continues waiting for monies they are owed in order to pay their bills. Plus, I was allowing concerns to take away my joy. Yes, these worries and concerns were/are about very real problems, difficulties and situations, but worrying was not in any way a constructive activity!

And our evening meal was also a bit delayed that day -
as we took time to watch an incredible sunset!
I also realized that too often we get so busy doing what God has called us to do, that we overlook all the incredible things He is doing around us, which may explain why I take so many bird and flower photos! How can one not totally trust and believe in the One who created these awesome creations?

One of the joys of living on a mountain while at KBTC - being surrounded
by 'country' scenes, yet spotting the city of Nairobi which is miles away!
I was reminded again of something I have marked and remarked in my Bible – the verses in the Psalms which begin with “I will.” I have often questioned if the writer was saying in the future, I WILL do such and such or saying I WILL MAKE MYSELF do this or that whether or not I really desire or feel like doing this!

The window outside our cottage kitchen is like a
giant movie screen.  This sunbird entertained me...
Thus I realize I must not just assume or take for granted that I’m trusting God in my actions, but actively focus and work towards trusting Him. I must remember that this requires my being patient and WAITING for Him to send answers and meet needs in His time, not mine! I must always remember that “The LORD is a… stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you.” And whether or not I am filled with joy at the moment, I WILL “Sing praises to the LORD… proclaim among the nations what he has done.” (Psalm 9:9-11 NIV)

... as I washed dishes this morning, until ...
This week will you pray that Jack and I will not let busy and often changing schedules overwhelm us. Pray that we will have more patience with computer/ internet problems and with those who lack the vision of what God is doing and can do through KBTC. Pray for Jack as a new thrust towards accreditation of the college begins and join us in praising God for sending needed co-workers and direction.

... one of the many kinds of weavers found
on campus arrived.
Pray for physical, mental, emotional and spiritual strength as I seek to nudge you and others to prayer and action for the Unreached Peoples of Sub-Saharan Africa. To be honest, I don’t always look forward to reading the news of Africa each morning as often the stories are heartbreaking, such as today’s news of Boko Haram crisis: 'About 500' Nigerian children missing.*  Pray that I will find the right balance of sensitively sharing prayer needs while sharing praises for the great things that are happening, including today’s Nudge to Action for Sub-Saharan African Peoples, a story of Matthew 28:19-20 in action!

Thank you again for being our partners, our encouragers, our strengtheners as we serve our Father together, BERT YATES
---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---
*Missing Nigerian children - http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32044695

Remember to view the daily Nudges to Action for Sub-Saharan Peoples which shares what God is doing among Sub-Saharan African Peoples and how you can join in His work through prayer, serving and giving!   https://www.facebook.com/SubSaharanAfricanPeoples

You can also keep up with KBTC and what Jack is doing at  https://www.facebook.com/KenyaBaptistTheologicalCollege. Both links are on Facebook, but can be viewed by anyone!

AND DO NOT FORGET that "Bits from our Hearts" posts are now added daily to this blog!

Some unexpected changes in our schedule are very welcome!
Mid-morning there was a knock on our door and Benson
(in the striped shirt) asked if I wanted any freshly harvested
American yellow corn.  Lunch was planned, but
the super corn-on-the-cob went great with the stew!

No comments: