Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February 11, 2015

"For we cannot help speaking about what
we have seen and heard." Acts 4:20 NIV

What do I see and hear? Do I really see and hear the truth of the situation? When I speak and share what I've seen and heard, am I truly sharing the truth?” These are the questions which appeared in my thoughts as I read Acts 4:20 during devotions this past week. I have lots of notes and other thoughts that I was going to share with you today, but….


... Like the monkey that keeps appearing in our yard, I'm a bit out-of-focus today! Needed reconstruction on the KBTC cottage we call home during the week required painting and I may have seen and heard OK, but I didn't gauge the smells accurately and am in the midst of a rather severe allergy attack! 


So I'm going to just sit around today (like the better photo of the monkey hiding from the setting sun) as I know my thinking ability is limited! And rather than write a long update sharing more fully what we've seen and heard this week, I'll simply close with a few of the photos I had collected to help you at least see what we've seen and heard this week!


To be honest, we had hoped to return to our home in Nairobi two hours ago, but Jack added a new skill to his responsibilities as KBTC principal this morning!  He arrived at the office at 7:30 to find that the lock to the administration building, which always takes a bit of finagling, had finagled itself into a position that could not be unlocked!  He and others on the KBTC staff have just succeeded in rectifying the situation!  


Thus, would you pray this week that I will quickly beat this allergy attack and that Jack and I will soon be as perky as this chattering bird outside our cottage which perked me up this morning! Jack is a bit less perky today as my misery during the night became his misery, leading to little sleep!


Pray that in all we do in the coming week, we will see and hear exactly what God wants us to hear and see.  Pray that we will always truly share His story and be a true witness of His love and salvation as Jack serves at KBTC and as I shared daily nudges to action (praying/ serving/ giving) for Sub-Saharan African Peoples.  BERT
--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Remember to view the daily Nudges to Action for Sub-Saharan Peoples which shares what God is doing among Sub-Saharan African Peoples and how you can join in His work through prayer, serving and giving! (https://www.facebook.com/SubSaharanAfricanPeoples)

You can also keep up with KBTC and what Jack is doing at  https://www.facebook.com/KenyaBaptistTheologicalCollege.  Both links are on FB, but can be viewed by anyone!
--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
I will add two more photo - the first which is easy to see and understand - how long-distance truck drivers in Africa dry their clothes! This truck was stopped and the driver was sleeping nearby (often under the truck), but we've also seen shirts, slacks, etc., tied to mirrors, etc., on trucks offering a speed-dry cycle as the truck heads to its destination!


The lizard in the second photo, unlike the monkeys above, IS NOT REAL, but a clay pot with a clay lizard painted with model car paint (it was all we had available at the time).

No comments: