Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December 10, 2014

As my Kenyan friends would say, I've been defeated today!  It began with hurriedly making two huge chocolate cakes for the KBTC Christmas party to which I added baking powder rather than baking soda and both cakes now have obvious flaws! I'm waiting for Jack to return home from a KBTC Board of Governors meeting to test if either are edible - which from the look of the cakes, is a real possiblity!  At this point with the way things have been going, I fear that if I touch the cakes, they might end up on the floor!

The morning wasn't a total flop!  BEFORE baking the cakes, I did
successfully prepare a batch of Hersheys fudge to complement the
Maziwa Lala fudge I made last night to share at a Christmas party
 with IMB co-workers.   The second fudge is also known
as Jack's Grandmother Yates' Buttermilk Fudge!
And then I tried, really tried to prepare a special Yates' edition of a Lottie Moon Christmas Offering bulletin and although the electricity has been constant, unlike most days in the last few weeks,  the internet and several of my computer programs have been very uncooperative this morning!  So, I'm doing what I usually refuse to do and I'm giving up for today. In all honesty, one problem was that my computer hid what I had created and I've spent the last two hours searching for what I had hoped to share with you today!  I did find it, but can't share it properly, thus you are getting the following revised copy of what I can share without more grey hairs appearing!  BERT YATES
---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---

The KBTC staff welcoming us back to campus
in May after our  Stateside Assignment.
Jack and Bert Yates
thank you for praying
and giving to the
Lottie Moon Christmas Offering!


 Did you know that 100% of the LMCO directly supports us and nearly 4,900 other field personnel.

YOUR GIFTS to the Scottie Moon Christmas Offering allow us to serve as IMB missionaries in Kenya, among Sub-Saharan African Peoples.

Your support allows:
  • Jack, Principal of the Kenya Baptist Theological College, to strengthen, encourage and train pastors, national missionaries and church members to carry out the Great Commission. 
  • Bert, Prayer Networker for the Sub-Saharan African Peoples Affinity, to share via the internet what God is doing among our Peoples and how others can join in His Work through prayer, serving and giving. 
Please pray with us for God’s guidance and wisdom as:
  • Jack leads KBTC as African Believers are prepared to reflect the presence of God and become His qualified and capable workers in His Harvest Field.
  • Bert reads co-workers’ prayer letters, blogs and FB posts and shares their praises and prayer requests.
  • We seek to make, strengthen and encourage disciples who proclaim the eternal gospel to every nation, tribe, language and people. 

No comments: