Wednesday, October 22, 2014

October 22, 2014

A short update this week thanks to very, very limited internet! We are away from Nairobi and KBTC today, working at a retreat centre in western Kenya.  Our goal for the last week has been to catch up on needed work which we've found impossible to do with the interruptions of our normal lives.

Jack working on the verandah of the retreat centre where we
are staying - his away-from-home office during the
 the last week. The red tiny item on the railing to the left
of Jack is my phone - which is providing our internet!
Thanks to the almost non-existent internet, I've not accomplished all my planned work, but our praise is that Jack has made progress in learning what is needed for accreditation for the Kenya Baptist Theological College and beginning the processes. This will be a lengthy endeavour so please join us in praying for wisdom and insight as Jack works through the many application forms and requirements.  
This is the arrangement that the staff of the retreat centre prepared
for me on our first morning - the white bit suspended on a twig
above the wood chair holds my 'normal' internet 'dongle -
which didn't work!  
I promise to share more next week about what we've accomplished and how we've seen God at work when we return to the land of stronger internet coverage.  If the internet does cooperate and I can share three photos, you will get to see that we are in a beautiful spot which has helped me not be so frustrated with the weak internet!  BERT YATES

PS:  Now for a bit of the REAL story behind last Sunday’s Nudge to Action for Sub-Saharan African Peoples at https://www.facebook.com/SubSaharanAfricanPeoples.  God definitely led me to 2 Peter 1:5-9 in my devotions that morning, as I was in need of perseverance as it was taking hours rather than minutes to post the daily nudges!
One of the many views that has kept me relaxed after
working for hours accomplishing very little via the internet!

No comments: